Friday, January 11, 2013

Laying Down the Law...

"The membership requirements at Saddleback are so 
high most American church members could not join us." 
                                                                                                                  `Rick Warren, Modern Reformation Magazine Interview, 2004


"As Christian leaders, we need to be above reproach... That’s why I established these Saddleback staff standards for maintaining moral integrity:

- Thou shalt not go to lunch alone with the opposite sex.
- Thou shalt not have the opposite sex pick you up 
                            or drive you places when it is just the two of you.
- Thou shalt not kiss any attender of the opposite sex 
                             or show affection that could be questioned.
- Thou shalt not visit the opposite sex alone at home.
- Thou shalt not counsel the opposite sex alone at the office, 
                          and thou shalt not counsel the opposite sex more than once 
                          without that person’s mate. Refer them.
- Thou shalt not discuss detailed sexual problems with the opposite sex in    
                           counseling.  Refer them.
- Thou shalt not discuss your marriage problems with an attender of the opposite             
                           sex.
- Thou shalt be careful in answering emails, instant messages, chatrooms, cards, or 
                           letters from the opposite sex.
- Thou shalt make your secretary your protective ally.
- Thou shalt pray for the integrity of other staff members." - Rick Warren

 The Saddleback Staff Standards of Moral Integrity by Rick Warren, 2003, pastors.com


Rick prefaced these commandments "standards" that he established for staff with, 
" I have told my staff that if any of them even flirt with temptation, I will come after them with a baseball bat, and I've told them to do the same with me. - Rick Warren

 The Saddleback Staff Standards of Moral Integrity by Rick Warren, 2003, pastors.com


Galatians 2:16- Galatians 3:3 KJV

" Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, 
but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, 
that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, 
we ourselves also are found sinners, 
is therefore Christ the minister of sin? 

God forbid. 
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 

For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, 
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh 
I live by the faith of the Son of God, 
who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 I do not frustrate the grace of God:
for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, t
hat ye should not obey the truth, 
before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth,
crucified among you? 

 This only would I learn of you, 
Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?




Rick Warren Poem Click Here




No comments:

Post a Comment