Friday, June 13, 2014

"It's Not About You" ( It's about Rick)

...And Rick is happy to brag and make sure you know all about himself.....





"I don't wear socks. I mentor young leaders. I lead the PEACE Plan globally, serving the poor, sick & those with AIDS. I serve Saddleback and support pastors. I live in the State of Grace "
                                                       Rick Warren on Twitter.com


"We had our 25th anniversary on Easter this year. I did 12 services. We had 45,000 in attendance and I preached 12 services in a row. Two weeks later, we celebrated our anniversary and we had never had the church in one location, so we rented 

Angel Stadium and had 30,000 at Angel Stadium. 
I have 82,000 names on the church roll."~Rick Warren  

Pew Forum, Myths of the Modern Mega Church, 2005, Transcript



"I have probably led maybe 500 people to Christ with this little book.  And even though I'm a pastor, even though I’ve got an earned doctorate and two other doctorates – three total – I still use a little booklet like this."  
                                                                      Rick Warren  DISCOVERING MY LIFE MISSION C.L.A.S.S. 401  pg. 19



"There is a verse in the Bible that says the intelligent man is always open to new ideas; in fact, he looks for them. And so when Mike invited me to come to this and I saw your names, I really jumped at the chance. I enjoy these smaller, intimate meetings. You know, when you speak to 23,000, 24,000 people every weekend, crowds don't impress you anymore."
                     ~Rick Warren 
Pew Forum, Myths of the Modern Mega Church, 2005, Transcript

and his book.. well, it's amazing too...

"The Purpose Driven life is not just the best-selling book in American history; it's the best-selling book in about a dozen languages."~Rick Warren  
Pew Forum, Myths of the Modern Mega Church, 2005, Transcript


"The continuing sales of The Purpose Driven Life are quite amazing. We are almost at the tipping point where Purpose Driven Life becomes a national phenomena. It will hit 10 million copies sold by the end of December and has been on the New York Times hardback bestsellers longer than any other book this year (40 weeks) A couple weeks ago I did 6 TV interviews including Fox News Live, ABC, NBC, and CBN, so this spiritual awakening is starting to get the attention of the media. I now believe that know why God is blessing this book in such an unusual way. It is more than just a message that God wants to get out to everyone (which is huge). I now also see that God is using this phenomena to expand the platform for us to mobilize thousands of local churches for global world missions through the PEACE plan. Right now about 5,000 more churches are doing the 40 Day of Purpose campaign, and now the program has been adopted by corporations (like Coke and Walmart) sports teams (like the Oakland Raiders and Green Bay Packers, NASCAR drivers, and the LPGA) schools, civic clubs, and even prisons. Last week, Paul Harvey told everyone to go buy a copy of PDL on his ABC radio broadcast. He said "This is one of the most insightful books I've ever read and I will read it again...and again...and again." In 2004 we expect over 15,000 more churches to participate. The influence of the book keeps amazing me everyday as I get requests for autographed copies. In today's stack: I signed books for 1) All the Supreme Court Justices 2) One for Fidel Castro (!) 3) One for the President of Peru (these last 2 were Spanish editions), and I recently got a note saying that everyone on Air Force One was reading the book recently."
Rick Warren
 PEACE PLAN LETTER 







*****************************
        RICK WARREN POEM  Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment