Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Word-of-Faith Rick

Apparently, the Christian church is and has been wrong..... and Rick Warren (and Buddy Owens who helps him write devotionals for the Daily Hope)  offers both believer and unbelievers a 
"new way of thinking about life, God, yourself, hardship, your family and your world?"  

Yes, you can think in a NEW WAY about God,  yourself, hardship, your family, and your world.  All it takes is a redefining of words.... (and the good news is that  it can be completely wrong... if you like it that way. ) All that matters is that you are feeling special and happy about who you are!  The idea is you just say things and make them true because you said them.....

It's a little like having a Word of Faith doctrine in your pocket to use whenever it seems like a good thing to do.  If you do not like  confession. If you'd rather not talk about how you have lied... no problem.... just redefine it.  No longer does confessing mean admitting you had done something wrong and are ready and willing to admit your fault.  Nope.  Rick says,
"Stop confessing lies. Confess your faith!"
 Stop confessing lies.

 Instead confess your faith.

Weird huh?

In fact, just saying "what God says" is "confession," and did you know, repentance is not having remorse for your sin?  At least it's not with the NEW way of thinking,  No, repentance is simply thinking what God thinks; you know, thinking just like him.
"When you say what God says (confession), you begin to think what God thinks (repentance)"

Believe who God Says You Are, by Rick Warren, Daily Hope with Rick Warren, May 21 2014

God is asking you to believe he is who he says he is, believe you are who he says you are, and then live like you believe those things.-Rick Warren


Believe who God Says You Are, by Rick Warren, Daily Hope with Rick Warren, May 21 2014

How vague can you get?  This is no gospel.... just meaningless babble.


 It sounds remarkably like Rick and friends at Daily Hope, would next have you repeat the mantra of false teacher, Joel Olsteen....
" This is My Bible, I am what it says I am, I have what it says I have, I can do what it says I can do. Today I will be taught the Word of God. I boldly confess, My mind is alert My heart is receptive. I am about to receive the incorruptible, indestructible, ever-living, seed of the Word of God. I will never be the same…Never, never, never, I will never be the same in Jesus name!"  

And then, yes, listen to these messaged, redefine words to suit yourself, make up your own doctrine instead of watch them closely like the apostles did and you would "never... never, never..... be the same in Jesus' name" certainly not the same as those who confess and repent properly.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment